Learn How to Be a Safer Line Clearance Arborist
This is a five day course with a minimum of 40 hours. This course is offered exclusively through ACRT Arborist Training, and is the only national line clearance certification program in the United States. Successful completion of this course satisfies OSHA’s electrical safety training requirement for students.
The Line Clearance Arborist Certification is designed for the tree worker whose person, tree, or equipment comes within the 10’ safety zone around energized wires. ACRT Arborist Training certification as a Line Clearance Arborist or Line Clearance Arborist Trainee is issued upon satisfactory completion of the class.
The prerequisites for this class are:
- Two years of experience as a tree trimmer
- Ability to tie at least four basic knots
- Basic knowledge of ANSI Z133 Safety Standards
- Some knowledge of safe chainsaw techniques on the ground and in the tree
- Proof of CPR and first-aid training
In this class your employees will learn:
- To work safely in proximity to energized lines
- Tree growth patterns
- How a tree can be damaged and how to care for damaged trees
- The concept of directional pruning
- Current ANSI Z133 Safety Standards
- Basic tree identification criteria
- Correct use of a chainsaw
- How to perform a safe aerial rescue
- Common knots used in tree care
- Electrical Hardware Identification
- How an electrical grid functions
In order to pass this class, individuals must:
- Perform a safe aerial rescue by the end of the class (manual or using an aerial lift)
- Perform a successful work skills climb or work skills test using an aerial lift
- Tie 10 common knots used in tree care
- Pass a general knowledge classroom test
- Pass an Electrical Hardware Identification test
Upon successful completion of this class, individuals will receive:
- A one-year certification from ACRT Arborist Training as a Line Clearance Arborist or Line Clearance Arborist Trainee*
- ACRT Arborist Training’s Line Clearance Arboriculture textbook
- The current ANSI Safety Standards
- Hardhat decal for line clearance training
- Wallet identification card for line clearance training
- ISA Continuing Education Units (CEUs), if requested
If you’re interested in having your employees take this course, please contact Alex Subak for pricing details at (800) 622-2562 x 240 or email@example.com.
*After one year certifications expire but can be renewed without taking an additional class. Contact ACRT Arborist Training for details.
Build Your Team’s Knowledge with a Nationally Recognized Certification
ACRT Arborist Training is the premier arborist training school in the country. Our classes are taught by experienced industry professionals, and we’re dedicated to making the industry safer one individual at a time.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of our training team, we’d love to hear from you. We’re always looking for interested individuals to join our staff and help pass on the importance of safety and education in the tree care industry. Learn more about our open positions here.