What is the Chainsaw Training course?
2-Day Workshop – No fewer than 16 hours.
This course is designed for individuals seeking instruction on how to properly use and care for a gasoline- or battery-powered chainsaw and is ideal for homeowners looking for guidance or first responders who are required to use chainsaws in emergency situations.
- Physical ability to hold and control a chainsaw
- Ability and willingness to follow directions
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather
- Must be drug and alcohol-free during training
What you will learn:
- How to safely use chainsaws
- How to identify the parts and properly disassemble, clean, and reassemble the chainsaw
- The chainsaw’s safety features
- Useful knots
- How to conduct a job briefing, site inspection, and tree inspection
- How to recognize when to call in the professionals
What you will receive:
- ACRT Arborist Training certificate of completion
- ANSI Z133 Safety Standards
- A pass/fail grade
Students are encouraged to bring their own PPE and gear, but ACRT will have gear on-hand for students to share.
Cost: $440 for open enrollment classes
Please call for on-site class cost.